Chuck roast chili came about on the first cold day here in Tennessee, when I wanted chili but didn’t have ground beef on hand. It uses the same cut of meat you’d use in a pot roast – but with all of the ingredients and …
Tag: Baby Food
This elote dip for everyone – adults and babies – will be a hit with everyone. It’s a great recipe for a party and there are easy modifications to make it for a baby as well!
See the instagram post here
Elote dip for everyone!
Arden really loves complex flavors and he hadn’t had corn yet. I wanted to give him some in puree form since corn kernels can be a choking hazard. The corn, sour cream, cilantro combo really had him loving this. He loves anything with cumin too so it was a double hit!
Information on corn for babies can be found through Solid Starts.
What you’ll need for this Elote Dip for Adults and Babies
- Cutting board for chopping cilantro
- Bowl for mixing and/or serving
- A small blender or food processor for baby’s food
- 1 15oz can of unsalted corn
- Sour cream
- Lime juice
Add for the adults version:
- Smoked paprika
- Crumbly Mexican cheese like cotija or queso fresco
- Chips for eating
How to make the dip
Add the unsalted corn (drained), sour cream, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro to a bowl (measurements in recipe card below). Mix well.
At this point if you are making some for baby, remove their portion and blend it and set aside.
Add in the remaining ingredients, stir, and pop it in the fridge for about an hour. It can be eaten immediately but letting it get cold really amps up the flavors.
Store this in the fridge for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing this.
Other Great Dip Options:
Elote Dip For Everyone
- 1 15oz can unsalted corn drained
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 splash lime juice
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp crumbly Mexican cheese
- salt to taste
- Mix the corn, sour cream, cumin, cilantro, and lime together.
- Scoop baby’s portion out. Blend if they are too young to have whole corn kernels!
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pop in the fridge for about an hour. Note: it can be served right away, but it really is best if allowed to chill. This can be made ahead of time for a party!