This spatchcock BBQ oven roasted chicken gives the flavor and vibes of a chicken that was smoked in a fancy bbq smoker all day, but it’s actually done quick and easy in your oven! The marinade is amazing. You’ll wow everyone. You can use this …
Tag: Dairy Free
I love eating chili with cornbread, especially spicy and cheesy jalapeno cornbread. Sometimes I like eating cornbread just on it’s own! It is also great with barbeque. Jalapenos are plentiful in the garden during the summer so this is a great way to use those up.
Whether you are eating this cornbread with chili or as a side for barbeque, it is delicious.
Servings: about 12
-1/2 cup gluten free AP flour
-1 cup almond flour
-1 1/2 cup cornmeal
-1/4 cup cane sugar
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp sea salt
-1 1/2 cup milk of choice (coconut or almond milk work well as DF options)
-2 tbsp maple syrup
-2 eggs, beaten
-6 tbsp butter, melted (use vegan butter or coconut oil if dairy free)
-1 jalapeno, diced
-1 cup cheddar cheese or a dairy free cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or grease a 9×13 in casserole dish.
2. Mix together the flours, cornmeal, sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and soda together in a medium bowl.
3. Stir in the milk and maple syrup.
4. Incorporate the beaten eggs into the batter. Mix everything well.
5. Stir in the melted butter.
6. Fold in the jalapenos and cheese. Pour batter into the prepared casserole dish.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Cheesy Jalapeno Cornbread (Gluten Free)
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1.5 cup milk of choice almond, coconut, whole milk, etc.
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 6 tbsp butter melted; see note for DF
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or dairy free cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or grease a 9×9 in casserole dish or 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Mix together the flours, cornmeal, sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and soda together in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the milk and maple syrup.
- Incorporate the beaten eggs into the batter. Mix everything well.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Fold in the jalapenos and cheese. Pour batter into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean.