This elote dip for everyone – adults and babies – will be a hit with everyone. It’s a great recipe for a party and there are easy modifications to make it for a baby as well! See the instagram post here Elote dip for everyone! …
This whipped feta and goat cheese spread is great for party spreads, tomato pies, and eating straight on a piece of toast. I make this any time we have company, and lately I’ve been really enjoying it with tomatoes.
Whipped feta and goat cheese combined with ricotta and a little olive oil is enough to blow your friend’s minds.
I served this at my birthday backyard garden dinner and it was such a hit I had to write down what I do to make it. It really isn’t even a recipe, but just a few things put together in the food processor.
I like these best with my sourdough herby crackers or on toasted pieces of a baguette. It’s great with any kind of cracker though.
- 1 small block goat cheese (4oz)
- 1 block feta cheese (8oz) or a container of crumbled feta (6oz) – be sure it’s whole milk and not “fat free” or “low fat”
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp (more or less, depending on how soft your cheese are) extra virgin olive oil
Add the three cheeses to a food processor and blend until smooth. With the machine running, stream in the olive oil until incorporated. It may take a little more olive oil to get to the consistency that you want.
Whipped Feta and Goat Cheese
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 6-8 oz feta cheese full fat
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add the three cheeses to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- With the machine running, stream in the olive oil. Start with only 1 tablespoon and add another if you want a smoother consistency.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or toasted baguette slices.
We eat chili a LOT in this house. We also eat a lot of homemade french fries. And even more cheese. One time my husband asked for homemade chili cheese fries, and luckily but no surprise we had leftover chili in the fridge!
To make this recipe even easier on yourself, make this chili recipe one night of the week and save the leftovers. Then make this later for a snack!
I made some french fries by cutting up a russet potato into strips. Then I flash boiled them and roasted them at 450 degrees F for about 20 minutes, until they were nice and crispy.
Next up was the quick cheese sauce:
-1 tbsp butter
-1 tbsp flour
-1/2 cup whole milk
-1 cup(ish) cheddar cheese
-pinch of salt
Melt the butter, whisk in the flour and let it brown a teeny bit. Slowly add the milk and whisk as you go. Once that is incorporated and thickened, stir in the cheese and salt till melty.
Pour everything over french fries and realize you never need to go to a sports bar again. Homemade chili cheese fries for the win.
Homemade Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 large russet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- leftover chili from recipe in text above
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice the russet potato into fry shape of choice. Flash boil them in some water for 2-3 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
- Toss them in the olive oil and roast for 20-25 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Make the cheese sauce by melting the butter and stirring in the flour. Whisk in the milk, then the cheese and salt. Continue to stir until it thickens to your desire.
- Pour the cheese and chili over the potatoes and enjoy.
When plain ol veggies sounds boring, roasted herby vegetables with a tahini sauce should help make it interesting! I roasted carrots and broccoli to go with chicken last night but was feeling fancy so I made this versatile tahini yogurt sauce! See the notes how …
We make this dish for Placemat meals all the time and it’s always a hit with the guests! This is pretty similar to all the “vegan queso” recipes you see out there – but I don’t like calling it queso. It doesn’t look, smell, or taste like cheese, so there is no point in trying to tell you it’s just like cheese. It isn’t!
But it’s DELICIOUS regardless – even if you are not vegan or dairy free!
-2 cups (approx. 9 oz weight) raw cashews
-1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
-1 4oz can hot green chilies (or mild if preferred)
-1 jalapeno (de-seeded if preferred)
-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
-1 tsp cumin
-1 tsp chili powder
-Juice of half a lime
-Heavy dash of salt
1. Add everything to a high powdered blender or a food processor. Blend until thick and creamy. Add a little water if needed to change consistency to desired level of thickness.
2. Top with a dash of chili powder and cilantro, if desired
Vegan Cashew Fiesta Dip
- 2 cup organic raw cashews approx. 9 oz
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 4 oz can green chilis
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- heavy dash of salt
- Add everything to a high powdered blender or a food processor. Blend until thick and creamy. Add a little water if needed to change consistency to desired level of thickness
- Top with a dash of chili powder and cilantro, if desired
Cheesy delicious ricotta scalloped potatoes cooked in a cast iron until soft and crispy all at the same time. Ingredients:-3-4 large gold potatoes-1/2 cup ricotta-1/2 cup milk of choice-1 tbsp grass-fed butter-1 tsp dried thyme-1 tsp sea salt-1 cup shredded mozzarella Instructions:1. Preheat oven to …