Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
This roasted red pepper pasta can be served vegetarian or you can add Italian sausage – spicy or mild. I love this because it comes together so quick but it tastes different than the classic pasta with marinara. Sometimes you want pasta but you want something new!
See the instagram post here
Roasted Red Peppers for Kiddos
Arden is one now and he LOVES this pasta sauce! It is tangy and great for his ever changing palette.
As always, I use Solid Starts to double check foods against my baby’s age for introduction.
What you’ll need for this Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Stove top pot for the sauce
- Pot for the pasta
- A blender
- Cutting board to dice your veggies
- Jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- Can of fire roasted tomatoes
- Half a sweet onion
- Garlic cloves
- Half n half
- Parmesan reggiano
How to make this pasta sauce
Get the water boiling for your pasta and cook it according to instructions on box or bag.
While pasta is cooking, add a tablespoon of butter to the pan and saute the onions until soft. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
Pour that into a blender with the roasted red peppers and tomatoes. Blend till smooth.
Add the rest back to the pot on low heat and stir in the half n half, salt, red pepper flakes (omit and add to individual portions if cooking for kiddos), pepper, and a lot of freshly grated parm!
Once the pasta is done, add the pasta straight into the sauce and stir it all up well. Serve with the sausage, basil, and more parm and pepper flakes.
And if your kid is like mine… a bunch of balsamic vinegar!
To save for later: cool sauce dish and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Other Great Pasta Options:
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 jar roasted red peppers drained
- 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup half n half
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- lots of parmesan reggiano
- 1 lb italian sausage optional
- Cook your pasta according to instructions.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta, cook the optional sausage and set aside. Add a tablespoon of butter to the pan and saute the onions until soft. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Pour that into a blender with the roasted red peppers and tomatoes. Blend till smooth.
- Add the rest back to the pot on low heat and stir in the half n half
- Add salt, red pepper flakes (omit if cooking for a baby as well and serve on individual plates), pepper, and a lot of freshly grated parm!
- Once the pasta is done, add it straight into the sauce and stir it all up well. Serve with the sausage, basil, and more parm and pepper flakes.